Mr. Salem's practice is largely devoted to counseling healthcare providers regarding regulatory and business transactional matters, with emphasis in the following areas:
- General regulatory compliance matters for all types of providers, including Stark, anti-kickback, Medicare anti-markup and related state laws and regulations
- Mergers and acquisitions, with a particular focus on the acquisition of clinical laboratories, surgery centers and physician practices
- Joint venture arrangements in the healthcare arena, including both joint ventures between providers and physicians and joint ventures among institutional providers
- Federal taxation issues for nonprofit organizations (including securing tax-exempt status)
- Corporate practice of medicine analysis and litigation support
- Physician incentive plans and related risk-sharing agreements involving physicians
- Healthcare franchising
- Electronic health record donation program implementation
- Medical foundation license-exemption issues
- Healthcare valuation legal support and analysis
- Accountable care organizations
- Physician contracting (both large and small scale)
David S. Salem co-founded S&G in 1999 with Julie Green. He began practicing in 1981. Mr. Salem was admitted to the order of the Coif Honorary Law Society on graduation from the University of California, Davis, School of Law in 1981. Mr. Salem received a degree of Bachelor of Arts with a concentration in Philosophy from the University of Michigan in 1977. He is married to Laurie Aloisio, a hospice and public health nurse, and has three children. He is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and has frequently been named a Healthcare Super Lawyer.
Named in Top Lawyers List, Sacramento Magazine (August 2016)
AV Preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.